Saturday, July 30, 2011

Want to hear a long song? "Looooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggg..."

I am seriously pysched! The day after tomorrow, Monday, I, The Authoress shall be departing for summer camp! This is the first time I have actually gone so I'm super-excited yet scared at the same time. I don't know if anyone there will talk to me, I won't know anyone there but my older siblings. What made things more nerve-wracking was when my little sis came home with an injury. I've been praying that I won't goof up and end up hurting myself...truth be told, the idea of landing in the hospital terrfies me! But I know, besides my siblings I will not be alone.

I am nearly done with "The Red Siren"! You see, while I have been preparing for camp, my mom has rushed me to finish "The Red Siren" before I leave for camp, see it's a library book. So yeah. I'm surprised at myself. I do say so myself this book has been very exciting. But it's only the first in the Charles Towne Belles series, so I've got a long way to go.

I managed to get some packing done. I am using the same red duffel bag my little sis used for camp. I've fitted everything in it: My new red swimsuit, swimsuit cover-up, towel, clothes, my pink flashlight, my pink notebook(yes I obviously like pink, lol) along with a pen, bugspray, sunscreen, ponytail holders, nail polish(yes I cannot go anywhere without it), and a couple of books. I am also bringing good ol' Clifty dog to keep me company.

Among my list of things I've done today, I got to watch Disney's "The Little Mermaid" today(I have convinced my mom to rent Disney movies thru Netflix, knowing the freak I am). I forgot how much I loved that movie. It's my favorite next to "Beauty and the Beast", "Mulan", and especially "Tangled". Ariel is so pretty! I seriously love the way her hair moves in the water. At the part near the end when she said "I love you daddy" to her dad, I nearly teared-up. That part has always been touching to me. On my wedding day years from now, I want to hug my dad and say the same thing.

I need to run along now. Pip pip cheerio!

~The Authoress

0 comments:

Post a Comment