Monday, August 15, 2011

Of books and such

First off, I've got a new look on this blog! It took me awhile to figure out but I got it! You like?

Oh yes, homeschool has started. Pre-Algebra isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Language Arts is, however proving to be a little frustrating, for I hate vocabulary but I love the book reports and stuff. The Science is ok. Nuff' said. I also truely am enjoying History! Medieval ages is one of my favorite time periods, next to Victorian era and Regency. Tis' quite interesting to learn some facts about Europe and all those other countries hundreds of years ago.

I am almost finished with "Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue"! While I was at camp, surprisingly I was able to read a few chapters. It's a really cool book! I would truely love to get the first book in this series. Which brings me to what else I am planning to read this year. Have any recommendations? For I have been mainly reading historical-fiction all year. I do hope to read "The Blue Enchantress", second in the Charles Towne Belle series. After the epilogue leaving me in suspense, I demand the next book.

On movies, I really want to see the new movie "Soul Surfer". It's starring one of my favorite actresses Annasophia Robb as Bethany Hamilton, the surfer who lost one of her arms in the shark attack. What amazes me is that it was a true story! How could anyone go on after that? It's so interesting. I think I shall ask my mom to rent this. Here's the cover:



So so, I wouldn't know what else to talk about right now. Other than that, I'm sleepy. If you notice the time when this posted, I'll be asleep before I have to wake up to school again.

~The Authoress

2 comments:

Nicole Louise xo said...

Hey bookprincess!!!

It's Nicole (cruisingprincess) that used to be on the homeschool blogger.......how are you? Great to see you on here! I love ya blog. I followed you. I hope to hear from you soon. <3

-cruisingprincess <3

Sarah Demens, The Character Queen said...

Ah, that looked like a good movie. :)

Haha, I love Language. It's the easiest in school. Math and History I hate. lol Science is awesome. ^^
Good luck. ♥

Oh, have you read "Number the Stars"? It's about a Jewish girl and her family going into hiding because the Nazis were hunting Jews down. I love books like that, since I am Jewish myself. :P
I wanna read The Diary of Anne Frank. I saw the movie and it was so sad. ;(

Haha, go get some rest, girl!! =) Love ya lots.
~Sarah~

Post a Comment