Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Day of Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving ya'all!

It's been good today. I woke up before 9:00 this morning, and belive me that's a record because I'm always getting up later than that. Anyways, I did get up early and had a bagel for breakfast, also watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV at the moment as well. But I think it's a crime they call it a parade anymore, since all they are doing is showing what's on Broadway, talking too much, and giving musical performances while the floats and balloons are going by. I did manage to catch a glimpse of some of the balloons though! I saw a  Sonic the Hedgehog one, and Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story. Floats? Nope, didn't catch any because I went had to go practice my guitar(you'd think my parents would give me a day off).

So I when I finished that, I got on my laptop and went on Youtube for awhile. Then my mom wanted me to help out with the Thanksgiving meal, so reluctantly I went and buttered the rolls before they were put in the oven. That's all I did. I'm a nice daughter. I like helping my mother.

After a few more minutes, my stomach was rumbling and I was praying the meal was finished. Lone behold, when I was right in the middle of watching a video, my dad called me out of the room saying it was time to eat. So my family gathered at the table, said our thanks and feasted! While I was digging through the cut-up turkey trying to find a nice piece, I pulled out a wishbone! No not the dog(hehe). The bone that is in a turkey and is a Thanksgiving tradition, that whenever someone gets hold of the wishbone, they can make a wish. Even though it is silly, I still want to make a wish before the day is out.

Anyhoot, the dinner was quite delicious. I had a piece of turkey and three rolls. Normally I'd add some cranberry sauce to that but I discovered last year I lost my taste for it. My stomach was already protesting, as I hadn't had turkey in awhile. So I just scraped the crumbs and stray pieces of turkey into the trash can and stuck my plate and fork into the dishwasher. While we were eating, my dog, Penny, was barking outside. She was mad because we didn't give her any turkey, lol. My little sis went out and gave her a few pieces. Penny is now a happy dog.

You know, up to now I never really realized how much I have to be thankful for. I've got a roof over my head, a crazy family, equally crazy but lovable friends, a playful dog, plenty of food, and I have GOD to thank for this. The LORD has really blessed me and I'm glad this very day was put aside to thank him for all our blessings.

Again, happy Thanksgiving!

~The Authoress

0 comments:

Post a Comment